HMRC have today released further details on the deferral of VAT payments between 20 March and 30 June 2020
For those businesses that deferred VAT payments between 20 March and 30 June 2020 there are now three choices:
- pay the deferred VAT in full, on or before 31 March 2021
- join the VAT deferral new payment scheme – the online service is open between 23 February and 21 June 2021 – and elect to pay the deferred VAT in equal interest free instalments from the joining date. Joining in March will provide the opportunity to spread the payments over the maximum 11 instalments
- contact HMRC on Telephone: 0800 024 1222 by 30 June 2021 if you need extra help to pay
Joining the payment scheme will be available for most as an online process. There are alternative arrangements for those that cannot use the online service:
If you cannot use the online service
There may be circumstances where you cannot use the online service, for example if you:
- do not have a UK bank account
- cannot pay by Direct Debit
- have dual signatories on your account
If you want to join the new payment scheme, but cannot use the online service, contact the COVID-19 helpline when the scheme opens on Telephone: 0800 024 1222. An adviser will help you join.
Further details are available from HMRC’s updated guidance – Pay VAT deferred due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
If anything further is required on this please contact Richard or me.