To introduce you to our eclectic mix of tax team members, we will interrogate members of the AG team each month.
This month it is the turn of Holly Gough, who loves all things benefits based!
- Holly why are employee benefits such a useful tool in an employer’s armoury to attract the talent they require?
Benefits are a commercially effective way to reward your current staff and to incentivise new staff, especially if the benefits provided are also tax-free.
- What is the name of your favourite author?
There are lots of authors whose books I like to read but if I had to choose one I would say, J K Rowling. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I also love her Cormoran Strike detective series.
- How did you become aware of tax as a career choice?
To be honest, until my interview I had no idea that tax was even a career option. In school, you only ever hear about becoming an accountant. I was interviewed for a trainee role at AG in either accounts or tax and was chosen for tax!
- Well, we’re glad they did! Any holidays planned for this year Holly?
I am off to Disneyland Paris for a week with my partner in July. A nice break after the P11D deadline, it will be much needed I think!
- What do you love about working as part of the AG tax team and what would be your benefit of choice if offered?!
I love the people who I work with. The tax team is a great team to be a part of as everyone gets on really well, there’s a lot of banter and we work well as a team. I also love how varied my job is, every day is different which keeps my job interesting. In terms of benefits, a staff canteen would be great. I am rubbish at making my lunch every day so having lunch provided would be a real bonus. This is a tax-free benefit as well so win-win!
Well that gets my vote Holly!