Helping generations to build thriving legacies
Family businesses are the cornerstone of our national and South West economy. We work alongside a large number of family businesses, assisting them to balance commercial challenges with day-to-day stewardship and planning, exit strategies and tax efficient legacy handovers.
Although not a family business, at Albert Goodman, we consider ourselves similar to one, and a successful one at that. Like you, we’re strong supporters of our vibrant local economy and thriving family businesses. We’re a big local employer. And we’ve addressed several major transitions over the last 150 years and emerged stronger. Each phase has taught us that, when governed well, this distinctive blend of commerce and emotion can be a real advantage.
Alongside accountancy and tax planning, our team assists young start-ups and well-established family enterprises to smooth out issues and plan for future success.
An accredited Corporate Member of the International Centre for Families in Business (ICFIB), join our Albert Goodman Family Business Club to discuss topical challenges, network and share local and national business insight.
Supporting your family business vision
Getting to know both your family life and business, we provide practical guidance on:
- Succession planning, developing strategies to suit the business and family members
- Personal finance planning, ensuring you achieve your desired lifestyle and financial independence
- Ownership structures, including recruitment of non-family management
- Remuneration packages, helping to define roles and fair packages for the family and business, all as tax efficiently as possible
- Valuations, exit strategies and preparing your business for sale, including tax planning
- Drafting shareholder agreements
- Creating family charters
- Pre-nuptial agreements, to protect family business assets
- Estate and wealth management, creating strategies to minimise income and inheritance tax and maximise wealth
We’re part of the Family Business Growth Programme
Discover how Albert Goodman is supporting rural family businesses to tackle family succession, business strategy and remove barriers to growth.
Contact us today:
Family Business Accountants Taunton| Family Business Accountants Yeovil | Family Business Accountants Chard| Family Business Accountants Somerset | Family Business Accountants Burnham| Family Business Accountants Weymouth | Family Business Accountants Dorset
Changes to Childcare in 2017
Support for Business Owners
Relevant Life Plans. The revolution continues.
Commercial Property Ownership Structures.
International Trade Opportunities
Getting ready for the new General Data Protection Regulation
Tom Hawes crowned Xero Community Hero.
Games of Tax
Winter is coming! A guide to tax relief on utility bill reducing tech
Meet our Family Business experts...
Get started today
Contact us today and speak to our expert team to get started