Helping generations to build thriving legacies
Family businesses are the cornerstone of our national and South West economy. We work alongside a large number of family businesses, assisting them to balance commercial challenges with day-to-day stewardship and planning, exit strategies and tax efficient legacy handovers.
Although not a family business, at Albert Goodman, we consider ourselves similar to one, and a successful one at that. Like you, we’re strong supporters of our vibrant local economy and thriving family businesses. We’re a big local employer. And we’ve addressed several major transitions over the last 150 years and emerged stronger. Each phase has taught us that, when governed well, this distinctive blend of commerce and emotion can be a real advantage.
Alongside accountancy and tax planning, our team assists young start-ups and well-established family enterprises to smooth out issues and plan for future success.
Supporting your family business vision
Getting to know both your family life and business, we provide practical guidance on:
- Succession planning, developing strategies to suit the business and family members
- Personal finance planning, ensuring you achieve your desired lifestyle and financial independence
- Ownership structures, including recruitment of non-family management
- Remuneration packages, helping to define roles and fair packages for the family and business, all as tax efficiently as possible
- Valuations, exit strategies and preparing your business for sale, including tax planning
- Drafting shareholder agreements
- Creating family charters
- Pre-nuptial agreements, to protect family business assets
- Estate and wealth management, creating strategies to minimise income and inheritance tax and maximise wealth
Contact us today:
Family Business Accountants Taunton| Family Business Accountants Yeovil | Family Business Accountants Chard| Family Business Accountants Somerset | Family Business Accountants Burnham| Family Business Accountants Weymouth | Family Business Accountants Dorset
Cloud Accounting – Keeping Your Cashflow Under Control
Ending an employee relationship
The ‘Future of Pensions’ Event
Albert Goodman a Sponsor of Business Leader Awards
Consider your tax position for 2018/2019
What are the benefits of preparing your tax return early?
How often should I do my bookkeeping?
Shareholder protection insurance
Company perspective: Enterprise Investment Scheme Process
Meet our Family Business experts...
Get started today
Contact us today and speak to our expert team to get started