Topping the league table
Our accountants for academy schools team work alongside Senior Leadership Teams, including governors, business managers and finance teams in primary and secondary education settings including academies and multi academy trusts.
Running an academy school is very different to operating within the Local Authority’s structure; we help develop effective financial management and preparation of budgets which are key in showing the viability of an academy and in managing it successfully going forward.
We have significant experience in dealing with the unique issues facing academies – in particular assisting a number to undergo their transition to academy status, and providing much-needed support beyond transition.
We specialise in guiding Senior Leadership Teams through the governance, accounting, tax and audit requirements of an academy.
As academy governors ourselves we have a practical understanding of the current matters that concern you. Our partner-led academies team is able to give specific advice on:
- Preparation of Charity SORP, Companies Act and Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) compliant accounts
- Audit of the year-end accounts
- Completion of ESFA returns
- Preparation of management accounts for reporting to governors
- Budgeting, whether for internal use or for reporting to the ESFA
- Teachers’ Pension (TP) audits
- Design and monitoring of internal control and finance systems
- Training and guidance to governors about their roles and responsibilities
- IT support, including the design of new financial and other systems
- Cash forecasting and management
- Preparing applications for funding grants
Cash Basis- Is it worth a look?
Get started today
Contact us today and speak to our expert team to get started