Charity Accountants: Helping those who help others
When your core mission is to create social value, adopting a commercial mind-set and approach does not always sit easily. Acting for a wide range of charitable organisations, social enterprises and not-for-profit organisations, we understand the challenges better than most. In fact, many members of the specialist charity accountants team at Albert Goodman are charity trustees themselves, so speak from experience.
The charity and social enterprise sectors are rapidly changing landscapes bound by more regulatory and compliance requirements than most. We fully understand the balance between the complex and regulatory accounting needs of your organisation and your need to be more business-like and ensure your sustainability, without changing your ethos or values.
Securing sustainable income
Our Charity Accountants team take pride in being able to offer affordable, forward-thinking and jargon-free support. Developed around your requirements, our specialist services include:
- Statutory accounts preparation, compliant with Charities Act, Charities SORP and other applicable legislation
- Audit and independent examination
- Management accounts
- Strategic reviews and planning
- Advice on viability and restructuring
- Internal control procedures, risk management and governance
- Reserves policy and accounting for separate funds
- Setting-up a new organisation: regulatory, taxation, and governance issues
- Charity taxation, including VAT, maximising income through gift aid and charitable trading
- Employee remuneration and taxation
- Payroll services
Latest from Albert Goodman
Changes to the eligibility criteria for the third SEISS grant
Managing your money post-crisis
Family Investment Companies
Gifts free from Inheritance Tax
Electric cars – £140K Porsche for free
AGCFP – It’s all in the name
Overseas income: Do you have anything to report?
How much do I need to save for retirement?
How much can I afford to spend in retirement?
Can we afford to retire?
Get started today
Contact us today and speak to our expert team to get started