Creating a stable business platform
The reasons for restructuring a business vary immensely. Faced with market pressures, you might be forced to take drastic steps to improve business efficiencies and maximise working capital. Cashflow and creditor issues are another common trigger, or you could simply be preparing for a sale or change of ownership.
Whatever your business scenario, early detection and swift decisive action are the keys to restoring performance and value. Albert Goodman has a significant track record advising on both financial and operational restructuring. Once we understand your commercial reasoning, we can liaise closely with the many stakeholders – including operational managers, directors, creditors, shareholders and other parties to create an appropriate action plan.
Preserving value for all stakeholders
From implementing turnaround and restructuring programmes to spreading risks or preparing family business exit strategies, our single goal is to restore and maximise business value. Our recent experience includes:
- Conducting a working capital assessment and establishing the businesses’ cash needs and priorities
- Renegotiating terms of credit agreements
- Assessing and disposing of non-core business assets
- Restructuring existing debt and sourcing new equity finance
- Reviewing internal controls and introducing cost reduction initiatives, such as technology and payroll outsourcing.