Lifetime strategies to protect your hard-earned wealth
Inheritance tax (IHT) is no longer confined to the super-rich. If, like many people in the UK, your assets exceed £325,000, being hit with a 40% bill upon inheritance can exacerbate an already stressful time for your loved ones.
Happily, with careful tax planning, you can preserve more of your estate legacy, without compromising your financial security.
Albert Goodman offers a comprehensive estate planning service. From the relatively simple to more complex, we will assess your needs and tailor a plan that meets domestic and international estate planning rules, as well as your personal, family, and business requirements.
Your peace of mind is our priority
We do not just look at mitigating IHT. During each review, we will factor in family relationships, fairness, asset protection and effective wealth transfer. Revisiting your plan during your life, we can assist with:
- Wills – working alongside your legal adviser, acting as executor and administering your legacy to ensure your wishes are met
- Retirement and cashflow planning – determining surplus wealth without compromising on your retirement lifestyle
- Lifetime gifts – transferring assets at appropriate times to reduce your taxable estate
- Placing money and assets in trusts – either during your lifetime or on your death
- Life insurance policies – to cover the cost of IHT (written in trusts so the insurance pay-out is not added to the value of your estate)
- Estate administration and accounting – preparing accounts and tax returns.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Albert Goodman Partner Louise Osborne is an associate member of STEP. This means she is technically up-to-date and at all times she is required to act professionally with integrity and in a manner that inspires confidence, respect and trust.
Albert Goodman Financial Planning Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Get started today
Contact us today and speak to our expert team to get started