Helping you understand your UK and international tax status
Where you reside and your legal domicile (generally your country of birth) can be a tricky topic when it comes to protecting personal wealth. That is because your domicile and tax residence status can impact any tax, trust and succession planning you undertake.
With new layers of anti-avoidance legislation introduced in recent years, and ongoing reviews of tax regimes, more and more individuals and families are seeking our specialist support. Whether you want to minimise your tax liability, are investing in overseas property or businesses, or planning a life overseas, we will work with you to establish the best approach.
Maximising and protecting your personal wealth
Our tax advisers are up to speed on all of the latest domestic and international developments relating to residence and domicile. For continuity, you will have a dedicated partner to build a strong relationship with. Assessing each situation individually, we can:
- Clarify your UK and foreign tax status, reviewing different options and the financial implications on your UK tax liabilities
- Provide a holistic approach to personal income, capital gains and inheritance tax planning, to help mitigate risk and tax liabilities now and for future generations
- Review the UK tax implications of employment contracts
- Offer practical assistance if HMRC issues arise, resolving them through careful, well thought out planning and negotiation
- Assist resident non-domiciled individuals to weigh up the financial implications of paying the annual £30,000 remittance charge versus paying tax on worldwide income and capital gains
- Update you on legislative changes and explain how future developments will affect you.