Finding your ideal acquisition
Achieving growth in existing operations, securing a foothold in a new industry sector or looking for an opportunity to turn around the fortunes of a business for future financial gain are several reasons to consider buying a business. With careful evaluation and implementation, it can also help you to achieve operational and financial synergies. Our Corporate Finance Team are here to help and advise.
From beginning to end, and all of the stages in between, our Corporate Finance Team can help you find your ideal acquisition. We can assist with:
- Defining your acquisition criteria and strategic rationale, researching and shortlisting suitable business targets
- Approaching selected targets in confidence
- Preparing initial offers and negotiating price, terms and transaction structures on your behalf
- Preparing business plans and financial forecasts to support funding requirements
- Financial due diligence, providing reassurance that risks have been considered and the acquisition price is fair (we often carry out due diligence for management team buy-outs, buy-ins and buy-out/buy-in transactions)
- Tax structuring to help minimise tax liabilities
- Raising finance, accessing contacts through our Exit Club, and advising on other sources of grant funds, loans and equity funds available to South West businesses
- Project management of the transaction through to completion
As a dedicated team we devote our time and expertise to the whole process, bringing together specialist tax planning and accountancy skills at short notice.
Aside from an initial payment at the outset, most fees are awarded when we successfully complete the acquisition.