Gift Aid

Many of us have been to museums, paid National Trust membership or set up direct debits to charities and completed a gift aid declaration when doing it to say that we are a UK

With Halloween this month, maybe you have even made a donation to the Witches Trust and gift aided it.

What some of us do not realise is that higher rate (income above £45,000) and additional rate (income above £150,000) taxpayers can claim higher
and additional rate tax relief for the donations made.

The relief works by extending the amount of income you can receive before paying higher and additional rate tax. For every £800 paid or donated, a higher rate taxpayer can claim £200 of tax relief and an additional rate taxpayer can claim £250. This claim should be made when completing your tax return, to let us have details of any gift aid donations you make!


Get started today

Contact us today and speak to our expert team to get started

close slider