ACA TRAINEE ACCOUNTANT – MANAGMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Albert Goodman’s 300 plus people have a shared aim – to be the Firm that contributes most to our clients’ success. As a UK Top 50 Firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners, we provide high-quality advice to businesses and individuals locally as well as nationally motivating our people to help businesses and individuals achieve their objectives. As a 2019 Best Companies “Very Good Place to Work”, our people are vital to our continued success.
We are currently looking for an ACA Trainee to join our Management Information Systems team within our audit department in our Taunton office. The successful candidate will learn how assist our clients with the management accounting processes, designing and building systems to improve efficiency and reliability. They will also learn how to build financial models and evaluate options; develop financial models to be used for both internal and external clients; and work in our audit department whilst also training towards the ACA qualification. Full training in management accounting systems, financial modelling and auditing will be provided to the successful candidate.
Ideally (although not essential), the successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- A minimum 2.1 degree and mostly A/B grades at GCSE and A levels (or equivalent)
- Be a self-starter and motivated to work independently; there is a real opportunity to shape this role
- Highly analytical
- Accurate and able to self-check work
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving capabilities including the ability to research around a topic
- Ability to think practically in terms of possible scenarios that a business may face
- Be a good communicator, both internally and with clients
- Strong Excel skills (although these can be taught if necessary)
In return, we offer a fantastic place to work in the South West with a competitive and flexible benefits package, full study support and 31 days holidays per annum (including bank holidays).
To apply for this position, please click here.