Albert Goodman’s 300 plus people have a shared aim – to be the Firm that contributes most to our clients’ success. As a UK Top 50 Firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners, we provide high-quality advice to businesses and individuals locally as well as nationally motivating our people to help businesses and individuals achieve their objectives. As a 2019 Best Companies “Very Good Place to Work”, our people are vital to our continued success.
We are currently looking for a 1st Line Support IT Helpdesk Engineer to join us in our Taunton office (but covering all of our offices from Bristol to Weymouth). Working as part of the Helpdesk team you will be the first point of contact for AG staff needing IT support. Your role will be to resolve or refer jobs to your colleagues to ensure IT systems are working effectively.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Excellent customer service approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain IT issues with non IT staff
- Previous IT work experience (ideally at least 2 years in a similar role and an IT related qualification e.g. MCP, CCENT)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet scheduled work deadlines
- A desire to further your career in IT
- Proven knowledge of the following Microsoft Packages – Microsoft Windows 7 and / or 10, Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016, Microsoft Exchange 2010 / Exchange Online
- Active Directory security permissions
- Active Directory user creation and administration
- Experience of scripting e.g. login scripts and batch files
- Good Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Good phone manner
- Analysis & Decision-Making
- Drive for results
- Orientation to Learn
- Planning and Organising
- Service Excellence
- Team building / Team Player
Preferred Experience / Technical Knowledge
- Experience in supporting one of more of the following Accountancy software packages:
- Practice Engine
- Sage / Quickbooks
- Experience of working for an ITIL based helpdesk.
- Experience of maintaining a network and associated technologies.
- Experience of SQL server and SQL scripting.
- Experience of managing telephony systems including IP based systems.
In return we offer a fantastic place to work in the South West with a competitive and flexible benefits package. Salary is negotiable based on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please click here.